Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mama!

March 24th is more special than most days in March, because it's my mom's birthday. I am always quick to say that my mom is my best friend and my favorite person in the world. I like to think our mother-daughter relationship is special, and that I am luuuuuuuuuuuucky. Not every daughter gets a good mom. Maybe it's because I am an only child, or maybe we just click, but we've always been close. On the chance that she remembers to check her computer and reads this, Yes, Mom, I know. You're my mother, not my friend. Got it. Disregard all of the nice stuff.

I did not drag out the camera to take pictures of her birthday lunch--the lunch she insisted we not fuss with. Since I didn't take pictures, I dug this out of my picture box. I think she was 16 or 17. This is my favorite picture of her. The older I get, the more "woman" my mom because, and the less "mom" she becomes--if that makes sense. Of course, I didn't know her when this picture was taken. I wasn't even thought of, yet, but I like to think of her as a teenager, a young wife, and a young mother. Wasn't she gorgeous? She still is. Happy Birthday, Mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment