The highlight of my week was taking Eleanor on a date to the library and to "Mexico" (aka el Rodeo) while grandma kept Eve. I don't get to spend as much time with my big girl as I used to, and I miss getting to focus on just her. She is a funny, funny little girl. Of course, Eve is worth the shared time.
Two snow storms in one week in MARCH after the official beginning of Spring is unexpected. I'd prefer spring showers and a few flowers AND a warm day or 2 to get out and play, but I'll wait patiently. Easter weekend is looking to be warm (and rainy).
Currently Reading: Watership Down by Richard Adams - I'm not projecting this will be finished this week. We had a great book club at Springfield Brew Co. I enjoy catching up with my girlfriends and talking about books. I hope this tradition sticks for many years to come!
Fitness: Bah. The snow is KILLING me. We'll just keep moving.
Crafting: I'm stalled on crafting, because I'm prepping over 400 Easter eggs for the church Easter egg hunt. My window shades hang white. I have to get to Springfield to get some fabric for them, anyway.
Favorite blog post from the week: THIS post about parenting made me chuckle.
Fitness: Bah. The snow is KILLING me. We'll just keep moving.
Crafting: I'm stalled on crafting, because I'm prepping over 400 Easter eggs for the church Easter egg hunt. My window shades hang white. I have to get to Springfield to get some fabric for them, anyway.
Favorite blog post from the week: THIS post about parenting made me chuckle.
Movies: ARGO! It was good, but it was soooo suspenseful. I'm the type of person to read the last chapter of a book, so I don't spend the entire book dying in suspense. I KNEW how Argo ended. I have basic knowledge of the Iranian hostage crisis, and I'd looked up Argo before we started it to get the finer details. It didn't matter. I thought I might come unglued watching the final scenes. Ben Affleck with a beard is a nice addition to any movie, though, don't you think?
TV: Not much going on here. I need to catch up on my Vampire Diaries.
Planned posts: I have a book review all written up to post right after my book club on Wednesday. I don't want to hint at my thoughts before the discussion!
Things to remember
Eleanor: Mommy/daughter date this week, and how excited she is to play the computer at the library and pick out her own books. Her current favorite is Revolting Reptiles and Strega Nona. I would recommend the latter.
Eve: We heard her first "da" sound. She's already picked up "ma", but "da" was new. There are just baby jabbers and not in context, but it's fun to watch language develop.
No comments:
Post a Comment