I'm not a baker. I love to cook, but baking stresses me out. Everything from the weather to the size of the measuring spoon has to be exact. I once read an article that showed the variation from one teaspoon to the next. Bah! I want the perfect recipe, too, but I don't bake often enough to have the perfect recipe. I rely on All Recipes a lot for the user reviews, but even that has failed me sometimes. Not this time! I'm bringing chocolate cake to EVERYthing.
I found this recipe on AllRecipes, but after reading a few reviews, I discovered that it's the same recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa box. Let's give credit where credit is due. My mom said her grandma used to make it. I didn't know this, but how 'bout a connection to the family matriarchs for the win! (Enjoy the recipe.)
Basically, dump everything into a bowl, mix, pour into a prepared Bundt pan, and bake. I made THIS glaze to finish it off.
P.S.: I will get better at taking process pictures.
I read your blog on Wednesday I think...I check back today and there are 3 new posts! Yeah for that. I want a way to like each of your posts as I read them!! I googled + this one, but honestly have no idea what that even does. Haha.
ReplyDeleteYour cake looks delicious. And I love the dinosaur one you made as well. I saw Keela at Target yesterday around lunch, was the party later that day? She had her hands full with both of the boys, but seemed very in control like you always are. They were soo cute!
Can't wait to see you Tuesday!
I'm trying to blog a little more. What's the point of having a blog I can't keep up. I get close to deleting it, but think better of it!
DeleteYes, the birthday party was yesterday, and Keela usually has it all together. I only made the cake, because I knew they were adjusting to being home with another baby and working full time. If I ever have a boy, he'll be getting a dino cake at least once. :)
I'm excited for Tuesday, too! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!