Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy Birthday, Eve!

No, I haven't forgotten about my blog. With so many balls in the air, I've had to let a few drop. I never learned to juggle. I did miss a few family milestones in the last 6 weeks with the most notable being Eve's birthday. I'm hoping to catch up and carry on with regular posts, because I think our fall will be worth documenting. Let's get to it.

Eve Theresa turned one on August 20. Her first year flew by. Despite a stretch where she preferred to nap in 15-minute increments, another where she wanted to be held every waking moment, and her current favorite "word" of "AHHHH" to express that she wants something or something isn't going her way, Eve has been a wonderful baby. I'm excited for her to grow up and experience her little life, but I'm so sad that my baby is not going to be a baby for much longer. No. Don't tell me she's a toddler. I do not want to hear it.

Eve is curious and determined, but a little less ... particular than her sister. She has a sweet disposition, love love LOVES to eat and drink water, hates hair bows, and prefers to do most things on her own. She crawled on May 23rd, got her first two teeth on August 11th (almost a whole year of toothless grins!), and took her first steps on August 23rd. At her 1-year check-up she weighed 16 pounds and is in the 25th percentile for height and weight.

We learned with Eleanor that babies grow fast. Too fast. I try hard every day to enjoy the girls where they are and to not wish away their childhoods. Some days I'm better at this than others. Today, I'm thankful for Eve (affectionately known as Evie Bear or just Bear) and the joy she brings our family. I'm a few days late on the blog, but Happy Birthday to my baby.

Eve's birthday fell on a Tuesday. We celebrated with Jon's side of the family the weekend before, and had dinner and cake with my parents on her birthday.When I look back at the pictures of her first few days and months, I always wonder what happened to her beautiful, dark hair. Of course, we love her beautiful, blonde hair, too.






I love this girl!

1 comment:

  1. What a doll she is! Ethan's hair turned blonde, too. His all fell out first, though. It is amazing how quickly they grow up the second time around. It's like being inside some kind of time vacuum. And that toothless grin. We had one for a year as well. Made him seem like a baby that much longer!

    ReplyDelete