Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fill-you-in #14

On this last and beautiful day of April, I've carved out a piece of time type up a blog post. Blogging has been a rarity lately because I was working furiously to finish up a marketing project, and then last week, when things should have slowed down, pneumonia hit Eleanor hard. In between caring for my sweet, sick girl, and trying to keep my other sweet girl healthy, it just didn't happen.

This week is another busy one, but it's full of fun. We have three soccer games this week to make up for last week's never-ending rain storm, three "lessons" for Eleanor, two book clubs, a hair cut and dinner with a friend, and a partridge in a pear tree a full hummingbird feeder. Yesterday, we had a few "firsts". I went to the SHEM (homeschool) convention in Springfield last weekend, we visited a homeschooling group for the first time, and Eleanor had her first piano lesson. Both went well, and I might write more on homeschooling later.








I've read lots of good books lately, and have a reviews coming for Beautiful Ruins and The Bell Jar. I've been notified by the library that The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Fault in Our Stars are waiting for me. When it rains, it pours! And, I'm starting to notice that the library's wait list NEVER takes as long as anticipated.

We wrapped up Game of Thrones Season 2, and oohhh was it good. I'm all geared up to read book #4 as soon as I can work it in. Rarely does a tv series or movie meet my expectations after I've read the book, but GoT does an excellent job. I don't even tell Jon he needs to read the book instead of watch the show :) I've been wanting to pick back up with Mad Men, too. I'm only on season 2.

Here's to a good week, friends! We're off to enjoy the weather before it gets COLD!

1 comment:

  1. Interested to hear about both homeschool and your review of The Bell Jar. :)

    ReplyDelete